My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well April 8 2008 is the day I picked up my Jeep Compass North edition.
4x4, 5-speed manual, premium sound system, so its two years old now.
I bought it from Collingwood Chrysler in Ontario even though I only live 5 minutes form Orangeville Chrysler. I'll never buy another vehicle from Orangeville Chrysler.
The only mod I've done is the K&N CAI system and I do like it.
Problem with the car so far are- Clutch was squeaking after about a week, black trim started to lift off of back bumper, and the usual tie rod ends went around the 55,000km mark. All of the problems were repaired under warranty by Brampton Chrysler quickly and efficiently.
So far I've been very happy with the Jeep especially in bad weather or bad road conditions.
I really noticed this one time when i was driving to work and it felt like the wind was buffeting the car but there was no wind. It was until I went to stop that I realized I had been driving on black ice for about 10km but the Esp did its job and kept the Jeep straight. The guy that was riding with me was very impressed and here we were wondering why there were so many vehicles in the ditch!
I hope my Jeep keeps on performing as good as it has for a few more years.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Good feedback, I hope my 09 performs as well. I read about the tie rod ends being a service problem prior to buying mine at Edmonds or some other side on reliability. I hope they are using better quality components now or after they replace them. Some people with 07's have replaced them more than once already.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Congrats on the birthday!!! Great to hear you are still happy with your Compass and that the few things that have crept up with it were addressed and to your satisfaction!!! Here's to wishing you many more happy years with your Jeep! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts