My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased Falken wildpeak AT trail 225 60 R 17 and now after only 2wks, hard shifting! I thought since these were recommended on the site 4 my compass it would be ok. Was I wrong? It has over 80kmiles, so any input much appreciated! It's sputtering & jerking bad when shifting, but no trans overheat. No warnings on cluster? I'm lost!

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
330 Posts
The tires are not causing the sputtering and shifting problems.

That fact that you say it is sputtering, leads me to believe it is more likely an engine issue rather than a transmission problem. Sometimes an engine misfire can feel like a transmission problem. Is your check engine light on?

Reactions: Jasmine

·
Administrator
2,055 Posts
Did you install four new tires or only two? Inconsistent tire sizes will wreak havoc on your AWD system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All 4 tires new at same time. After hours of research I'm really starting to believe either A: my cvt transmission is having issues or B: the dealership hasn't been checking or maintaining the transmission fluid as they were supposed to after 50k miles... would not surprise me if the later is at fault considering they have skipped out on refills to multiple fluids after I paid for full service multiple times. I put alot of miles on it but it gets routine service at every recommended time most of the time b4 the service light ever appears.
No check engine light is on. Nothing popping up in the cluster, just extreme jerking while it shifts gears(up & down, even reverse)
All warranty is gone on it. Considering the tens of thousands of complaints that FCA has received on the exact make and model im so surprised a recall hasn't happened on multiple components.
It's time for a class action suit my friends. Who wants to join! First the auxiliary battery, then the electric issues now this transmission... The 2019 jeep compass latitude is a lemon. Do not buy one!

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
330 Posts
...I'm really starting to believe either A: my cvt transmission is having issues...
Your Jeep doesn't have a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), it has a 9 speed transmission.

·
Administrator
2,055 Posts
Exactly what do you mean by "hard shifting"? Does it slam into each gear? Does it rev high before shifting? A little more info would be helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts