My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
( Occasionally you’ll notice that your steering wheel will make jerking movements or sudden turns to the left or right when not directed by you. This is typically the sign of loose bearings in the steering rack and the result of the steering rack literally moving without input ) So i believe i have the problem with my 2010 compass figured out as this is the only thing i could find that addresses the problem. Nothing else describes it like that. So now i have priced out a replacement unit. Refurbished unit for around 200 cdn with a 140 core charge and shipping. Now is this going to be a real pain or something i can do in my garage. I have just never done one before and my skills mabe 6 out of 10

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well have decided to try replacing the rack so got the jeep on stands and after lots of curse words have it loose. ! top bolt and 6 others undone so that part went well. I believe there is a sway bar to come out next. Seems like its going to be a pain to get it out as very tight in there. Supposed to be a 2 to 4 hour job i am thinking maybe a lot longer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts