My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure at least some of you have heard of or tried this mod before. You take the corner lenses off and bake them in the oven at low temps (about 120F) for a few minutes to loosen the glue. Then peel the clear portion from the back housing and remove the orange reflector and reassemble the corner lenses. I'm wanting to try this mod my self, but I need to get my hands on a spare set of lenses just in case I f**K them up. I'm just wanting to know if you guys had tried this on your compass? even if you haven't, how had is it to get the corner lenses off. Just in case my local pick-a-part get's a compass in. If I ever get to try this I'll be sure to get pics and let you guys know. Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've never tried this mod but I know a similar thing has been done over at caliberforumz.com, someone blacked out their headlights, I can't post the url but if you go to caliberforumz.com and search for 'Oven' and check out the thread titled "Blacked out my headlights (Completed Mod)"

I believe the law in the US requires that amber so you might be subject to getting tickets if you remove the amber.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got done reading that thread. It was very informative, thanks for the heads up. I think I still might try this as soon as I can get my hands on a spare side marker assembly. I'll be sure to keep the forum updated if I can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been able to find any spare lights at the junkyard. The only ones I've found online were way more that I'm willing to spend on my experiment. So I'm still on the lookout for some donor lights.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't wait to see what the result of this is for you! I'm contemplating whether I'd like to go clear or tinted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts