My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 2010 Compass and need to remove the interior plastic on the rear hatch and am stuck. I can get the bottom 4 clips out, one started to crack though. The upper however many I can't reach by hand nor with anything other than a wooden yardstick and that doesn't have enough strength to push the clips out.

How are you guys removing this piece?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The rear hatch panel is 3 pieces. You need to remove the upper two, going up, and over the window. You will need to pull the bottoms of these pieces, twards each other, then they pull twards you. Don't forget to remove the bolts where the grab handle is, to close the gate.
Then the whole panel will pull straight out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, where did you get your shop manual? So it sounds like I need to remove the upper 2 panels first, then the main door panel where the speakers would be if I had the sound package?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the manual on CD format, from e-bay. it's awkward, and doesn't have electrical info, but gets the job done. It was cheap, I'll one day buy the paper manuals.
And you are correct about removing those two pieces 1st. Hope this is helping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
j.b, I forgot to mention, before you put that big panel back on, splay out the metal clips a bit. if you don't, it will sound as if your gate is falling off. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much! I'll bookmark this for when I go to install the power locks. I abandoned the rear view camera install since it wasn't as great as I thought it would be after trying it. The $3 convex blind spot mirrors turned out to be more useful:p

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm bumping this up, for visibility on previous problem and its solution...

I have absolutely annoying passenger side rear C pillar rattle for a while now which just is driving me insane. The plastic that covers back seat belt holder right above the shoulder (when somebody is sitting there) is way too loose and making noise now constantly.
Any idea on how to get this thing tighten?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts