My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many cars in the past have been nick..named.

General Lee- Yeeeeee-Haw!
Bigfoot- Monster Truck
Eleanor- Gone in 60 seconds
Kitt- Knight Rider
Herbie- The love bug
Popemoble
Black 3 - Dale Earnhardt's Chevy Monte Carlo
Christine- from the Stephen King novel
Lightning McQueen- Disney-Pixar's 2006 film
Ectomobile- Ghostbusters
Black Beauty- from The Green Hornet
Drag-U-La- from The Munsters

I have decided to nickname mine- Elijah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znaYWPIM72A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIa674GGCo&feature=related

I have personal connections to both of these. You may want to CRANK IT UP!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've named all my cars, from Ol' Blue (my '79 VW Rabbitt - Don't laugh. I was 16 and it was a car) to the Dingo ('05 Durango), but I haven't found a suitable name for the Compass yet. My creative little sister suggested several pumpkin and citrus related names (the Flying Pumpkin, Orange Blossom Special, The Dave-o-lantern, Agent Orange, etc.) but none of them really fit.
Suggestions???

·
Registered
75 Posts
BigD have you thought about Rose as in compass rose?
Hmm...doesn't quite fit.
Trying to find something more fitting to the color (Sunburst Orange) but not pumpkin or citrus related.
My sons suggested Fireball...but that implies blazing speed...
Still looking for that "right" name.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Somehow "Nelly-Belle" keeps coming to my mind . . . Woe Nelly!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good ol' NellyBelle.

I knew the name was buried in my mind from somewhere.

As you walk past all the glass cases and displays in the Roy Rogers Museum you will see Pat Brady's Jeep Nellybelle, and pictures of Gabby Hayes
when he was a serious young actor. There's Dale wearing fancy hats for her first photo session, and Roy in overalls standing next to his first horse, Babe. You'll become a part of Roy and Dale's memories of the good times and the bad times and the hard times.

This clip taken with gratitude from the Roy Roges Official web site.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep. Burnie.
My nine year old was tellling everyone that "his" Jeep was Sun BURNT orange, and Burnie kind of evolved out of that...

Still better than calling it the Flying Pumkin.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Then my Compass must by a distant relative of the Lone Ranger's horse, Silver.
What's the closest to silver? Ans. The Lone Ranger's testicles.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Kinda funny, I have seen similar threads on other forums, and some folks really got creative. All of my vehicles have had names, with the exception of my '83 Subaru, guess it just really never came to mind, but my '81 Dodge Ram was The Beast, appropriately as the grille was missing, my Cherokee is Dixie, southern thang I guess haha. :) When it came to the Compass, my ex suggested Freedom. Kinda had a ring to it, but was missing something, and since I have always been a fan of the space program, I figured Freedom I, kinda sounded like the old Mercury rockets, and, no joke, the irony did not occur until later, that I had the 4x2 version and Freedom One was the name of the 4x4 system on the Compass, lol, but once she was christened, couldn't take it back, and my '08 Ram, well she is Dixie Justice, long story for another thread.....

- Cherokee

1 - 20 of 59 Posts