My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
think about upgrading your rotors performance pads with stock rotors = better chances of warpage and you will just eat the rotor fast. stock rotors are crap i have warped a set slamming my brakes on the qew when the vehicle infront of me blew a tire and came to a stop from 100 to 10 km in a few seconds. replaced with all premium parts had a few more hard stops no warpage.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think about upgrading your rotors performance pads with stock rotors = better chances of warpage and you will just eat the rotor fast. stock rotors are crap i have warped a set slamming my brakes on the qew when the vehicle infront of me blew a tire and came to a stop from 100 to 10 km in a few seconds. replaced with all premium parts had a few more hard stops no warpage.
Result 8000km 4xrotors and pads needed:wallbash:

·
Registered
52 Posts
try the PBR Ultimate pads.. I had those with stock rotors on other cars and they was easy on the rotor, and very agressive on the tires :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hawk makes a great pad with much improved stopping power. But pay very close attention to their instructions for bedding them right after you install them. I didn't the first time causing glazing and the squeaking as I came to a stop bugged the heck out of me.

I'd consider green stuff pads as an alternative for a Compass all things considered.

Also, if you really want to go to a modified rotor, I strongly suggest going with slotted rotors rather than drilled. The bottom of the slots are usually at the discard level, so no mystery when you need to replace them as they kind of act like the warning nubs on tires indicating you're down to 2/32nds.

I'm most suspicious that the cross drilled rotors available aftermarket are not made of the same strength material as the cross drilled rotors (for instance) Porsche makes for their cars. Cosmetically the same for sure, but that is just too much material being removed (and thus weakening them) from what I would argue the most important parts on your car. At the least, cross drilled rotors are more noisy when braking than slotted or stock rotors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought 2 x set of hawks and 4 x powerslot rotor. Now the braking is awesome!
Thanks for the idea and sharing the experiment could you please share the parts number?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts