My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their halogen headlamp assembly to the high intensity headlamp assembly with LED accent? I am planning on doing this and was wondering if it would be plug and play

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question .................My Trailhawk has the bi-xenon headlights. Is this what you want to put in, instead of your Halogen?

The bi-xenon were standard on the Trailhawk, so that should be a fairly easy, but not inexpensive, swap

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wonder if it would be an easy swap, LED headlights do look nice. But as the previous post mentions at what cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question .................My Trailhawk has the bi-xenon headlights. Is this what you want to put in, instead of your Halogen?

The bi-xenon were standard on the Trailhawk, so that should be a fairly easy, but not inexpensive, swap
Unfortunately, the bixenon is not standard in the trailhawk. Mine did not come with them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, the bixenon is not standard in the trailhawk. Mine did not come with them
My trailhawk didn't come with bixenons either. That is why i am planning on buying the OEM bixenon headlights and swapping them out, i am just curious to see if they would be plug and play or would i have to modify wiring harness. I found the OEM bixenon lights for $400.00 each one the mopar website.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The LED projector lights do not have the extra marker light plug that the halogen lights have. That being said.. they should still work but you'd have to tape up the marker light plug to save from corrosion/shorting. I have some pictures at home that compare the plugs between the two (scoured from eBay and Google)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
I really wish the bi-xeon headlights came stock...I got everything else on my limited but that
Thats kinda how I felt but I noticed the running lights don't match the bi-xeons, different color temperature bulbs which looks goofy. I am going to wait a while because at the rate these things are selling like hotcakes it won't be long before the aftermarket companies start investing and I think we will see some cool options for aftermarket headlights after a year or two, and hopefully running lights to match.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats kinda how I felt but I noticed the running lights don't match the bi-xeons, different color temperature bulbs which looks goofy. I am going to wait a while because at the rate these things are selling like hotcakes it won't be long before the aftermarket companies start investing and I think we will see some cool options for aftermarket headlights after a year or two, and hopefully running lights to match.
Heres one option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Headlights-assembly-For-Jeep-compass-17-18-Bi-xenon-Lens-Projector-LED-DRL/113030121054

·
Registered
93 Posts
That’s a nice upgrade little expensive wonder how it would work on the canbus network. Aka non mopar parts network check.

·
Registered
141 Posts

As an owner of a Trailhawk with the halogen lenses, they are not standard. This is why I've don through the swearing spree of working around their ridiculously placed radiator support bracket to get LED bulbs in place.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wonder if it would be an easy swap, LED headlights do look nice. But as the previous post mentions at what cost.

You have to do some homework. There is an extensive thread elsewhere here at what does and does not fit. I have managed to get LED bulbs in the high beam side of mine. Only very specific bulbs will fit, and that bracket behind the assembly makes fitting them a profanity inducing pain. I still have to tweak on the driver's side to get it right as the bulb is slightly off it's vertical plane. The cutoff is there, but there is a hot spot high and left, and thankfully outside the line of sight to oncoming traffic - not that high beams should be used in traffic anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Easy solution for those is to put in LED bulbs. They aren't on the Cannbus sensor either, so just plug and play.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You have to do some homework. There is an extensive thread elsewhere here at what does and does not fit. I have managed to get LED bulbs in the high beam side of mine. Only very specific bulbs will fit, and that bracket behind the assembly makes fitting them a profanity inducing pain. I still have to tweak on the driver's side to get it right as the bulb is slightly off it's vertical plane. The cutoff is there, but there is a hot spot high and left, and thankfully outside the line of sight to oncoming traffic - not that high beams should be used in traffic anyway.

Did you install these retro fit units?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts