My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to turn off the Headlamp on function when hitting the button on the remote. I don't like this feature fell it just runs power out of the battery.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I think you can .......check your owner's manual......if I remember correcly !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you can only change the way the doors unlock with the fob, the beep when locking with the fob and you can turn the automatic lock-at-15-mph off, but the headlights will always come on. Don't worry too much about the battery, though. You'd probably have to unlock your car about 100 times in one day without actually starting up before you'd notice a difference. Rest assured that Daimler-Chrysler engineers considered your concern.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with wizard, you'll be just fine. mine is the same way and i called the dealer and unless you have the Electronic Vehicle Information Center feature, youre stuck with how its set from factory.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes I had mine done at a dealer. You might be able to change some parameter if you have EVIC on the dash. I did not and did not like my light on for over a minute unnecessarily.

There are many timers so make sure they understand which ones to change or have them all turn to minium. In my case also if you unlocked with the remote to go in and then locked it again. It would stay on for quite some time. That is a specific timer as I found out.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
On some of the new BMW's, the headlights on when the car is unlocked at night? is there anyway to do this on a E46?
Yes the TIPM in the Compass controls this. It dealer programable. There are quite a few timer conditions few are user accessible unless you have the EVIC dash. I had my module changed in a repair and my headlights come on upon unlocking. Also if I lock, unlock and lock again they come one. When I got this Compass I had the timers all see to Zero but this is not too bad since its winter and dark the lights guide my wife to the car so I am leaving it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Headlights turning on when unlocking car.

Funny you guys complain about this. This feature was started by Volvo and is used as a selling point by their salesmen. It's supposed to be a safety feature. Oftentimes you have to park somewhere dark. You would want to see if there's someone lurking around ready to mug you in the dark. The illumination might help deter crime they are hoping. If only they installed a light sensor so that the headlights will only come on when its dark. That will be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts