My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of an option to get the headlights to turn on and off automatically on a compass.
My other car is a 2003 Vibe and I have never switched them on and off in 3 years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
gonna guess the vibe uses a photocell to detect when its getting dark outside and auto switches the lights on. you might have to get creative lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Thanks tripplec for reminding me, I never heard back from someone I asked for some more info on the TIPM. Guess I'm gonna have to remind him again, lol, but he is a current Chrysler tech, so I know he knows!

IronWoodca, that's a good question, just not quite sure how one would go about adding something like that.....

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
i had a headlight blowout so i put in a new bulb dealer inspected and reset my tipim. weeks later i notice a piece of my headlight in the glovebox, the plastic piece that clips onto the wire that is glued to the bulb came off while they were inspecting it and the tech threw it in the glove box not notifying me. so i go take a look and my headlight is burned out they just slipped the h4? connector on the 3 pins causing my headlight connection to be loose and short out. after going to the dealer and arguing with them (filmed the argument) posted it on youtube. and on a local forum i got a phonecall and apparently the service advisor threatened to sue me. then he came on the web forum and started making up stories he dug himself a big hole. then he stopped replying. now my right headlight wont come on unless i turn on night time lights. the headlights are such a pain in the ass!

btw the dealership is craig hind chrysler located in Toronto Ontario on lawrence and birchmount.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i had a headlight blowout so i put in a new bulb dealer inspected and reset my tipim. weeks later i notice a piece of my headlight in the glovebox, the plastic piece that clips onto the wire that is glued to the bulb came off while they were inspecting it and the tech threw it in the glove box not notifying me. so i go take a look and my headlight is burned out they just slipped the h4? connector on the 3 pins causing my headlight connection to be loose and short out. after going to the dealer and arguing with them (filmed the argument) posted it on youtube. and on a local forum i got a phonecall and apparently the service advisor threatened to sue me. then he came on the web forum and started making up stories he dug himself a big hole. then he stopped replying. now my right headlight wont come on unless i turn on night time lights. the headlights are such a pain in the ass!

btw the dealership is craig hind chrysler located in Toronto Ontario on lawrence and birchmount.
I had dealings with Scarboroughtown Chysler over 15 years ago and went back after that just to seen and I was out of there faster that a fox with its tail on fire. Man what screwed up sales organization.

Look for an reliable serve center

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had dealings with Scarboroughtown Chysler over 15 years ago and went back after that just to seen and I was out of there faster that a fox with its tail on fire. Man what screwed up sales organization.

Look for an reliable serve center

Cheers
my new dealership is in georgetown 55$ a hour labour compared to 120$ a hour in toronto. but they cant do alignments properly LOL

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Alignment is only as good as their rig. If its off the tech can't do it right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Alignment is only as good as their rig. If its off the tech can't do it right.
this is funny i say on here that georgetown cant do alignments properly...this was in june..... i brought it there last month and they screwed it up again...hahah that`s funny. Are u talking about the dealership on kennedy....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts