My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys...loving my jeep compass 2.2 limited 2011..first jeep i have had, love the "clunky" gearbox and gear-shift, (stick, to some of u).
however, there is one thing i certainly do not like about it, namely:-

the headlights....they look weird..the big light appears to be the side light, and the little round light on the outside is the main light. is that correct?...but the main thing about them is the headlight bulbs...i dont know what possessed jeep/Chrysler, to put such awful powered lights on it.
my headlight bulbs are H9's..i get more light at night from a candle!..lol.

can anyone give me any help/advice on having a bulb upgrade please?...there are no H9's that i know of that give any decent light at night...i have heard of upgrade kits and am wanting to upgrade to H4 if applicable....Osram/Phillips do not do any bright bulbs in H9... the H9's do not appear to be worth the effort, they are useless.
there is one bulb i am looking at in H4..the Osram "night breaker".
any help/advice with this very irritating issue would be much appreciated.

thanks teamsmile:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe you have the projector headlights, which should have the 9012 bulbs. If so, the best you can do is upgrade them to HID bulbs. Those will need to be installed along with a battery wire harness, load resistors, and possibly with a capacitor to avoid flickering.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The PIAA Xtreme white bulbs are a good upgrade and bright also.
Good mention, sometimes you can get away with just changing bulbs and you'll have the sort of brightness you'll be happy with. Not everyone needs HID's and it takes away the extra work. Only downside is you might be paying the same for those bulbs as a decent set of HID's.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Why not go for LED headlights? Typically error free, great output even put on par with HID systems, and they're plug and play without having to run wires and do all that crazy stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I buy compatable LEDs in UK??

I have the same issue with the headlights on my Jeep Compass 2013!! It's a scary ride at night effectively driving on torchlight. Cannot get my garage to listen to me. How do I get hold of the compatible LEDs in the UK??? My garage is keen to upgrade me to Xenon lights which means an expensive conversion.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I have the same issue with the headlights on my Jeep Compass 2013!! It's a scary ride at night effectively driving on torchlight. Cannot get my garage to listen to me. How do I get hold of the compatible LEDs in the UK??? My garage is keen to upgrade me to Xenon lights which means an expensive conversion.
What style of headlight bulb do you need?

Once You tell me i can point you in the direction of a good LED kit as I ran them on my Compass and now my cherokee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts