My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I salute you fellow compassers :):),

I searched thru the forum but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure it's an easy one for most of you guys.

I currently own a 2007 compass 2.4L; a beautiful machine but I had an issue today. I used to drive VWs and all had "headlights auto off" feature after certain time once the key is removed. yesterday I was home late and in the garage, kept the park lights on by mistake.

I'm sure the car beeped the sh*t out it but my wife and I didn't noticed that. (no, we were not arguing :))

so my remote was not working in the morning; I didn't realize that I kept the lights on but I rather thought remote batteries are dead. Anyways, unlocked the car manually and it didn't start (what a surprise :))
It was 7 a.m., too early to wake up any friends for a jump start, so a friendly taxi driver helped me out (for 5 bucks :eyebrows:)

So my car doesn't do auto turn on/off, ooor is there way to adjust it?
I've checked the manual but it was no good, then searched online to see that the car should be equipped with "DAYTIME RUNNING LAMP SYSTEM"?
any of the compass lovers can comment please?

all the best,
Can

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you're crafty with electrical. There's relay timers you can install in the machine that trick the headlights to shut off in the event of a the car being off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sticky ?

So, I made some diagrams that will hopefully help here. I used to be an experienced car electrician, so this stuff is comfortable to me. It's not for the feint of heart, but let me know if you have questions.

All you really need is 2x normal SPDT Relays, electrical tape, 12v multimeter and some extra wiring. An Admin may want to sticky this thread as it may be useful for everyone else. I'm also thinking about making a Youtube video teaching how to do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! thanks a lot man! i'm an engineer as well working at a helicopter maintenance facility, and I do know a couple of good avionics guys but for the installation I may need some help from local Jeep tech service in here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts