My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have this in the wrong section, but I have a 2007 compass and the heat/AC will not change to feet or defrost. I can turn the knob to defrost, then it springs back to feet/defrost but still only comes out of the front dash vents. I can turn the knob to every other setting and the knob will stay there but no matter what it only comes out of the front dash vents. The fan speed works fine, and the heat and A/C both work great. I'd really like to have defrost now that it's winter. I don't recall this being an issue in the summer, however my wife was driving it at that time. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have any insight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
So you turn the knob to feet/defrost, but it moves itself away from that position after you let go? I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but there may be a spring, or something loose inside the knob.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Its a mechanical controlled door system. Something wrong with the actuator and/or door(s). You'd have to follow them from underneath to see which ones aren't working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's correct Wheelin. No matter which way I turn it, it wants to spring back to the feet position but still only works on dash. However it doesn't feel like a spring, literally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have this same problem. Must be a spring issue because one day I said **** it and kept cranking it past the defrost setting clockwise as hard as I could over and over trying to force it and the spring behind the dial popped and corrected itself. Worked fine again turning the dial to all functions, then a day or two later it ****ed up again and didn't want to turn to defrost. I suspect it must be the spring... I haven't investigated further. '07 compass limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts