My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 2011 4X4 sports model here.
Overall, i am satisfied with my purchase. The only issue that i seem to have is that when the car is first started and the accelerator pedal is pressed for a few minutes, it sounds more like i am driving a tractor rather than a beautiful crossover vehicle from Jeep lol...
Anyone else suffer from the same issue?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us and congrats on your Compass! Any pics of your ride? We'd love to see it! Great people and info here so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
205 Posts
Proud owner of a 2011 4X4 sports model here.
Overall, i am satisfied with my purchase. The only issue that i seem to have is that when the car is first started and the accelerator pedal is pressed for a few minutes, it sounds more like i am driving a tractor rather than a beautiful crossover vehicle from Jeep lol...
Anyone else suffer from the same issue?
Welcome to the club my friend! If you live in a cold area you might experience that. Remember to use good synthetic oil in your engine to prevent sludge formation. Synthetic motor oil is all I use and my engine stays clean. Check out my posts for some tips. tks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the welcome.. I will be posting pics up as soon as i get a chance to take some good ones and will be using synthetic oil starting with my next oil change :)
Hope that decreases that aweful noise at startup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts