My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am late coming to this forum as I purchased my Compass new back in 2010. She has over 230K on her now and has given very little trouble. I'm still on factory water pump, alternator, etc. I did replace throttle body at 100k and both lower ball joints at 180K. It tis a shame Jeep did not offer the diesel engine like they do in Europe. I am a southern skier so my poor Jeep has seen snow and salt every season. The only off reading I do is out in fields around my country home. Once I took my Jeep up a creek in axle deep water and it did better than expected. Anyway I wish everyone well with their Compass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for my delayed response. Working a lot lately. My Compass has the 2.4L with a manual transmission. I ordered it that way. Dealer told me don't you dare bring it in for a trade as I can't sell a manual. I told him not to worry. Now... I'm not selling here but I do use AMSOIL in my Compass and have for years. I have a Cherokee with over 486K miles on it. The Compass has faired pretty well, but the 2.4 L needs more grunt if you ask me. But most of the time I drive to and from work. I did pull my brothers broken down Ranger in, but it was hard on it. I'm thinking about building a bed frame in the back for over night races this fall. Thanks for your question and take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts