My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a jeep compass 07 model, silver sport edition.

Replaced the alternator already and I am currently having issues with the door locks on the right rear.

Tried to have a look at the wiring, actuator tonight but seems a bit tricky getting the door trim off, any idea how to do this on the rear doors. How-to maybe.

Anyway, thanks...

Paul

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum Aussiecompass, sure hope you get the locks figured out so keep us posted! We'd love to see some pics of your Compass if you have some you can share! Great people and info here so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.

I sorted the door lock and would you believe it was the plug on the actuator had pulled out of the connection by only a few mm and it didn't work.

So it had been out of action for 6 months and finally got around to it and it took my 15 mins to fix. hmmm. so good. I was quoted 800 Dollars "Australian" :p for a new one.

This is the only downfall here(besides the apparent lack of build quality) is that parts bought here are just rediculously expensive. I mean, 880 for an alternator and 500 fitting. I bought one from buyautpparts (the 140 amp one) for 270 and fitted it myself. Got a quote on the air con compressor as jeep thought that was making the noise and 1800 !!!!! :hyper:

The car has already done a control arm and had a new CVT transmission in it also.

It's a pity cause they look awesome. Would love to be able to stop spending money on it for 6 months so I could buy some rims for it and lower it.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow, well glad that at least this time it was a simple fix!

- Cherokee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts