My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm a first time Jeep "owner" (leaser actually) and the Compass fit my needs and budget perfectly. I'm enjoying it thus far. In the true tradition of "getting things out of the way early" I took a rock to the windshield on the highway already and I'm awaiting replacement of the windshield. This occurred at about 260 miles, shattering the record I set with my 2004 Toyota Tacoma (520 miles)....it happens every time!

In any event, looking forward to having this website as a source for learning to maximize my enjoyment of this vehicle. It's a 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude 4 x 4, gray in color. This is the first time I've leased a vehicle.

Great to be here!

Scott

·
978 Posts
Welcome. And you're on Cape Cod. I lived in Buzzards Bay right after college back in the mid-70s.

The Cape is a lovely place at twilight when the traffic isn't too bad. That's an inside joke a friend and I shared at the time -- we were both working in Boston and never saw the Cape in daytime.

Tough break (pardon the pun) on the windshield. My first new car ever was a '77 Volare. Picked it up at the dealer, ate lunch at McDonalds with my Dad, came out to discover a major ding in the door. Car hadn't been a dozen miles. :(

So I hope your luck improves.

Friendly advice: check your oil frequently. Some of these engines use a lot. My 2018 Compass got about 1000 miles/qt at first and gradually improved to about 3000 miles/qt. That car is gone now (another bad luck story) and I replaced it with a 2019 Compass that is getting about 4000 miles/qt but after my first experience I'm keeping a close eye on my dipstick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts