My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already posted up asking a question but thought I'd introduce myself. :)

My name is Kathleen and I'm a addicted to Jeeps.

Just sold my lifted TJ...many years of modifications...off roading and love. Also had a Cherokee for many years also. Bought a 04 CRV for my DD, and the poor Jeep spent the majority of its time in the garage :( between work, foster kids etc, she got neglected...couldn't rationalize owning 3 vehicles anymore.

I cried my little heart out the day she was sold and drove away. No plans to get another Jeep. Within a day I was online looking at possible replacements. Initially I was looking at the Liberty CRD, as I do A LOT of driving, continued looking and found the Compass...better mileage than the CRD...less torque, but I can handle that. Bought a Compass off a 2 year lease, black Limited model. Loving it so far...only been three days, but I see a long relationship.

Any helpful hints, things to look out for, normal Jeep stuff...I'd love to know. I'm assuming "its a Jeepn thing, you wouldn't understand" is still true :p

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum Katgirl, and thanks for the intro, very nice! Great to hear you're enjoying your Compass and I'm sure it will give you many years of dependable service. Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
107 Posts

Just sold my lifted TJ...many years of modifications...off roading and love. Also had a Cherokee for many years also. Bought a 04 CRV for my DD, and the poor Jeep spent the majority of its time in the garage :( between work, foster kids etc, she got neglected...couldn't rationalize owning 3 vehicles anymore.

I cried my little heart out the day she was sold and drove away. No plans to get another Jeep. Within a day I was online looking at possible replacements. Initially I was looking at the Liberty CRD, as I do A LOT of driving, continued looking and found the Compass...better mileage than the CRD...less torque, but I can handle that. Bought a Compass off a 2 year lease, black Limited model. Loving it so far...only been three days, but I see a long relationship.

Any helpful hints, things to look out for, normal Jeep stuff...I'd love to know. I'm assuming "its a Jeepn thing, you wouldn't understand" is still true :p

Hi Kathleen
Welcome to the forum! One thing to watch out for is the tie rod ends. They have been known to wear out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
222 Posts

what part of ontario are you from?

·
Registered
656 Posts
We support your addiction

welcome KG, looking forward to your contributions. . . . you are among fellow Jeep addicts . . .

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not addicted, I can stop at any time. I just don't want to!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thats OK, it's not harmful, and it won't make you go blind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts