My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a long time Jeep owner. My first Jeep was a 2004 Liberty. That Liberty got totaled after some idiot hit it, so my next Jeep was a 2005 Liberty. We traded it in for a 2010 Jeep Patriot since the 2008 Liberty was a 6 cylinder and gas was $4/gallon at that time. We kept the Patriot until it was paid off (we went through a bankruptcy after we bought it, so we had to keep it for a while). Last year, we traded the Patriot for a 2014 Compass.

We bought the 2014 Compass used last year. It only had 12,400 miles on it when we bought it. From the title history, I think it might have been a leased vehicle. In January, the son and I decided to go to the Newsboys concert the first weekend in April in Louisville, which is a 4-hour drive for us. Toward the end of January, a thought popped into my mind, "I wish I had a new car to drive to Louisville in." Where did that come from? I think it must have been a premonition. In February, I got an email from the dealer than a factory representative would be at the dealership that weekend. I asked my hubby if I could get a new car for about what we were paying for this one, would he be interested. I had to take the 2014 Compass to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation, so while it was in the shop, I went to talk to the factory rep, I left with a new red 2018 Compass Sport. Since hubby wasn't with me, the car is financed in my name only. It's the first new car I've purchased without a co-buyer. I felt like such an adult! The only complaint the hubby and son had was that this Compass doesn't have the Sirius XM radio that the other one had. I tried to explain the workaround with getting the app on my/son's phones and then Bluetoothing them to the Uconnect, but that was too complicated for them. grin: I am so glad I bought the extended warranty and the tire/windshield warranty. About a month after buying the Compass, I somehow ran over two nails and had to have a tire replaced. The dealer didn't have one exactly like the other 3 but they had one that fit.

Anyway, I love the 2018 Compass. It is head over heels better than the 2014 Compass. It has better steering and better gas mileage. It took a while getting used to using a thumb drive in the media hub rather than a CD player, though. It was also strange not having a spare tire anymore either.

Sorry I was so longwinded! I'm glad to be here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I believe it is. There are aftermarket spare tires available, I think. There is a thread about the spare tire elsewhere on this forum.

·
845 Posts
Welcome 1611Diane! I too have a 2018 Compass. So far so good, but please keep checking your oil level. These things get great gas mileage, but they're thirsty for oil.

Like you, I have a long history of Jeeps, going back to my '74 Cherokee. Even when I've had company cars, my Wife usually drove a Wrangler ('88, '94, '04, '11). We've also had a '93 Cherokee, and two Patriots ('08, '14). Hmm, counting my new one, what's that add up to, nine? I never realized I'd had so many.

Hope your new ride is good to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts