My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Evan. I'm 16, living in North Carolina. I'm currently driving a 2009 Jeep Compass that I'm working on more and more everyday, my current project is adding HID Halogen bulbs. I stumbled across this forum searching for a how to install guide for the bulbs and decided to register.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hey there Evan and welcome to the forum, glad to have you! HID's are definitely a cool mod and it depends on which kit you go with if it's going to be plug and play or a bit more complicated than that. Which kit are you looking at? Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Xenon gas filled I think. I don't think I want to invest in the whole system.
So it's like a regular bulb but blue right? If so, yes these are xenon gas filled bulbs.

You're gonna pay something like 30$ to 60$ for a set of these at a regular store. You can get these for 10 bucks on Ebay. And believe me, I've tried a lot of Ebay and non Ebay xenon bulbs and you should definetely buy them from Ebay cause 1) from wherever they come, they will last maximum one year and a half and 2) from what I've seen, the ones on Ebay have a better blue color.

These xenon bulbs are really easy to install since it has the size and the shape of a regular bulb. Simply change your bulbs like you would normally do. Check in your owner's manual to see the method if you have any problems. There is a red clip to pull, after you remove the bulb harness and after you turn the bulb to make it go out.

Just be careful with your purchase to buy bulbs with the same power. You need some h13 55W/60W. If you take some with higher power, your wires may overheat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's like a regular bulb but blue right? If so, yes these are xenon gas filled bulbs.

You're gonna pay something like 30$ to 60$ for a set of these at a regular store. You can get these for 10 bucks on Ebay. And believe me, I've tried a lot of Ebay and non Ebay xenon bulbs and you should definetely buy them from Ebay cause 1) from wherever they come, they will last maximum one year and a half and 2) from what I've seen, the ones on Ebay have a better blue color.

These xenon bulbs are really easy to install since it has the size and the shape of a regular bulb. Simply change your bulbs like you would normally do. Check in your owner's manual to see the method if you have any problems. There is a red clip to pull, after you remove the bulb harness and after you turn the bulb to make it go out.

Just be careful with your purchase to buy bulbs with the same power. You need some h13 55W/60W. If you take some with higher power, your wires may overheat.
Okay, I was going to buy them online but I think I'll check out ebay instead. Thank you. Just wondering, did you paint your rims? They look like the stock ones but painted partially black, it looks really good if you did.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Okay, I was going to buy them online but I think I'll check out ebay instead. Thank you. Just wondering, did you paint your rims? They look like the stock ones but painted partially black, it looks really good if you did.
No the rims were already like this. It's like metalic dark gray. I've seen a couple of compass/patriot like this. I think it has something to do with the body color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the rims were already like this. It's like metalic dark gray. I've seen a couple of compass/patriot like this. I think it has something to do with the body color.
Oh, I like it. I was thinking of doing something with my rims as well but I have the Sunburst Orange colored compass so a lot of things don't work with it. I want to change it but I don't want it to look trashy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a link for some xenon bulbs : Had to edit the link because I can't post them quite yet.

If I'm not able to make my HID work, I'm probably gonna by these.
The thing that you can check compatibility of the car says that they're not compatible with the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have now gone through 2 sets of Euro dezigns lights Xenon/Krypton.
They don't seem to work on the Compass. It is as if they are wired backwards.High beam and low beam are opposite. The seller gave me a full refund and doesn't seem to want the lights back.
If anybody wants a set to play with, send me a PM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts