My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've got a 2015 Jeep Compass Sport 2.4L engine 4x4 and my baby needs new tires! I live up in NH so lots of snow, ice , mud and potholes (I love hitting the mountains). I've decided I want some good all seasons. She's currently riding in a 225/60R17 - is that a good size? Should I use a different size? I want her to look more "Jeep" and beefy but not compromise safety thanks to our snow up here - do I go for a 235/60R17 or 235/50R17? I'm clueless....

And part two - WHICH TIRES??? I don't know much about tires I was totally going the costco route for tires so I've got:
  1. BFGoodrich - Advantage T/A Sport
  2. Bridgestone - Turanza EL400-02
  3. Bridgestone - Ecopia EP422 PLUS
  4. Michelin - Premier LTX
  5. Michelin - X Tour A/S T + H
  6. Michelin - Premier A/S
  7. BFGoodrich - g-Force COMP-2 A/S
  8. Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

·
Registered
213 Posts
Personally I would likely go with 225/65/17s. That's about an inch taller but not big enough to cause any clearance issues. You would need to be more specific about what you want from the tires if you want more advice - do you care most about fuel economy, or tread life, or ride et cetera. The tires you've listed are more towards the 'sporty' side.
assuming one set of all seasons to use all year round, on stock rims, I'd consider Continental True Contacts. They are just good tires in all respects. If you have stock tires such as Kumho KL21's the True Contacts will be better in terms of ride comfort, fuel economy, tread noise, and handling, and will be a large improvement in wet and snow conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, as far as my tires go, I just want something that will be comfy and have good fuel economy but handle driving down the windy snowy roads for 3 hours at a time in winter. In summer I'll likely do some offroading but nothing too fast or crazy..What does a sporty tire do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts