My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
j have a hold typr of compass ( year 2007 ) .
J have found a steering wheel and a cruise of a patriot , it is possible to put in my car ?
:wjeep:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Considering the Patriot and Compass are almost the same car, on the surface i would physically mount fine. Most car manufacturers try to keep the selection of part bins to a minimum.

The challenge is going to be the wiring. In the "old days" it seems that car manufacturers would use the same body harness regardless of what equipment was installed to plug into it. So adding factory electronic bits to a car that didn't originally come in it from the factory many many times was a plug and play thing. I've added a number of things to my Mazda RX7 in this manner. These days it seems not so easy. So good chance you might have to add wiring to make it all work.

Case in point, my Compass came with the base speaker system. I intended on upgrading to premium system with component amp which mounts near the spare tire. But I looked everywhere and could not find the harness to plug into it nor anywhere a patch harness of sorts would plug in. I'd love for someone to chime in and say I didn't look in the right place and where that right place is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think that does not change is the steering wheel, I too have a compass base amplifier glue, I tried to install a car stereo with the can adapterbox but do not turn on the amplifier.

I tried looking for the amp but I do not know ' where '
I think you have to enable the control unit or machine software aggornare and 2007 's you can help me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts