My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
so i got in my car tonight to find it making weird noises. i have the 2007 jeep compass 4x4. the noise is coming from the back of the car-sort of sounds like the tires from the way the noise is sounding. you can hear it once a rotation of the tire, almost as if i had a flat tire, but my tire pressure is good. when i get up to a little higher of a speed it sounds like it is chugging and starts to make a squeaking noise. please can ANYONE help me determine what this problem is? im trying to get an appointment at my local jeep dealer but until then can someone give me some clues to what this may be?
Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey guys,
so i got in my car tonight to find it making weird noises. i have the 2007 jeep compass 4x4. the noise is coming from the back of the car-sort of sounds like the tires from the way the noise is sounding. you can hear it once a rotation of the tire, almost as if i had a flat tire, but my tire pressure is good. when i get up to a little higher of a speed it sounds like it is chugging and starts to make a squeaking noise. please can ANYONE help me determine what this problem is? im trying to get an appointment at my local jeep dealer but until then can someone give me some clues to what this may be?
Thanks!!!!!
Just a guess..but a warped rotor could do that, especially if you have a bad brake caliper that wasn't releasing properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts