My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I could use a little help here. I am new to the forums but I was hoping SOMEONE would have had this problem before me. I have a 07 Jeep Compass limited non 4x4 and my whole instrument cluster is going grazy...Here is my best descripetion of what is happening.

1. Start car and let run for a couple min...doesnt matter if you are moving or not and then the car makes a single "DING" and the airbag light illuminates.

2. Almost right after the car dings and the airbag light comes on then these things happen.
-Airbag light stays on
-A red LED illuminates above the temp gague
-A yellow exclimation point appears below the D on the gear indicator
-The TPS indicates 0 for all tires.
-The airbag light (down by the counsel and heated seat switch) illuminates

3. The last stage of this 3 stage problem is the most severe. This is what happens
-All the things above
-The tach and Speedo go right to zero (like the car is off)
-Many other lights turn on the dash...

I tired to clearly describe the problem with the hopes that SOMEONE can help. this is a 3 step issue and after the 3rd thing happens.. it pretty much resets and just goes back to normal.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
It sounds almost like a loose connector or a computer issue. I'd take it to the dealer to have them check it out on their computer and see what they come up with.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I have heard of something similar, but only when someone attempts to reset their oil change indicator improperly, and all the lights on the dash go nuts as described in this thread: http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331&highlight=change+light. It's as if the PCM is getting a continuous signal, but I would take it in and have the dealer hook it up to their computer as smokey suggested.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A lot of these functions my go threw what called the TIPM and if the dash is as well I am told they are a costly module. I don't know where its located so checking its connections may be worth while if we new. I know that the fog light internal relay type circuit is in this unit as it control for other lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what the red LED above the temp gauge means? Mine is on randomly and everything seems fine with the car. I am out of warranty so a trip to the stealership really isn't an option. Sense its above the temp gauge I would think its to say the car is overheating, but the temp gauge reads normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts