My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Help upgrading TrailHawk tires?? Pics of 225/65/17 please

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kona coffee 
#1 ·
So I have a brand new 22 Trailhawk and I am looking to upgrade the tires ASAP. I can’t believe they came with Highway tires but I want something more aggressive for the New England snow.

I can see 225/65/17 fit perfect!!! so if anyone has any pictures of this tire size, please post them. I was looking at the falken at3 in that size but there little more heavier at 34lbs. I’m not sure if that’s really going to affect gas mileage that much.
I was looking at the falken at trail, and nitto nomad grappler and Toyo open country 3s cause they’re all 30lbs tires and lighter!! so whoever has a Trailhawk version and has upgraded beefier tires, please post them and let me know, thank you so much

#2 ·
I have the Toyo Open Country in the stock size and I like them a lot. They have handled the Wisconsin winters just fine.
I'm just short of having 40,000 miles on the tires and there has been very little wear. They did reduce my fuel mileage by a couple miles per gallon. And they do make a bit more noise than stock. I would buy them again and recommend them.
Maybe this will help. Plenty of tire discussion on this forum just do a search.

#5 ·
I have a 1.5 lift with 1.5 wheel spacers. I did the pinch seam mod and currently have the Maxxis bravo A/T- 771 235/65/17. Very happy with these tires, I tested them on desert terrain, beach , to pavement and they have handled everything with out hurting gas mileage to a chunky mud terrain.

Attachments

#9 ·
I too up graded from 215/65/17 M/S tires to the BFG Trail Terrains 225/65/17 tires. I really like theses tires.
We live on a coffee farm with partial roads, rocky in some spots, dirt/mud roads. Reason we went to All Terrains tire is because I had a sidewall cut on a M/S tire. We need something with thicker/stronger sidewall.
Today I think I would put the BFG All Terrains KOs, because of the roads we drive on the farm. But it would have been on back order for two months, and my daughter was visiting us in two weeks, we told them they could use our car for two weeks when they got were here.(in stock). The reviews of theses tires were very positive . It is also a great street tires
Just for the farm… I prefer a more aggressive tires. For the street and mild off roading it works and it performs very when it needs too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.