My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have3 orange lights that are on.they turn on at the same time and turn of together as well anyone have any ideas? They are the ESP, track off, and abs lights. I can't upload for some reason.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They usually turn on after driving a few feet. If they stay on when I turn off the car yes they are on when start up. sometimes they turn off right away.other times they are on the majority of the time.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
How many kms on your compass, I had a similar problem with my 08 patriot, turned out to be corroded wires on the foot rest to the left of the brake pedal, mine was replaced under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Lights

I have3 orange lights that are on.they turn on at the same time and turn of together as well anyone have any ideas? They are the ESP, track off, and abs lights. I can't upload for some reason.
Usually if on steady those subsystem are active if I recall when I read the manual.

However, did you replace any front end components (EG tie rod ends). Also what year is it I did not see that.

Also I would not drive it much like that since you'll wear out stability components and brakes which are all doing something.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Is you steering wheel straight (flat when driving straight)?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
As in wheel alignment? I don't understand what you mean straight
The bars or spokes to the steering wheel. It it turned while going straight or level steering wheel position.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You had better get it check out before you tear something up driving like that continually is very bad and hard on components and gas.
It's a lose lose situation.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
"They are the ESP, track off, and abs lights." as per you first post. Read the manual on what these all do.

The noise is because the brakes are on (braking) as part of ESP etc. This is when its not needed. You could be in for a triple digit repair bill continuing to drive like that. Some people call them idiot lights. I wonder where that came from.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts