My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but not new to the Compass or Jeeps in General. Have a 2017 new gen Compass Latitude that was my mom's(God Rest her). Always looking for good info on these rigs

·
961 Posts
Sorry about your Mom. My Mom's been gone a while now but I still miss Her.

The only word of advice I'd offer is to keep an eye on the dipstick. Not all Compasses suck oil, but some do, and in a big way. My first 2nd Gen improved to about 3000/qt. After that was wrecked I bought another (only because I like my dealer) and it is better, but I still can't make it between oil changes.

A couple of us on here have observed that dealers may be overfilling the engine oil -- possibly an effort to make it look like its using less oil than it really is.

If it gets low on oil it will protect itself (not you) and quit right where it is, no warning: Middle of an intersection, left hand lane of the interstate, or on a back mountain road at midnight. You can be driving your wife in labor to the hospital or strand your daugher on the way home from college.

On the bright side, these get very good fuel economy so the aforementioned daughter might be able to make it home from college on less than a tank of gas, depending on how far away she's studying. She can probably cram all her worldly possessions in the cargo area, too. The Compass is comfortable on the highway and while not a sports car, it has sufficient power to get you where you're going..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep my eye on the oil. I've driven the vehicle plenty, before mom passed and for a bit afterwards. I love it. Glad she insisted on heated seats...so nice in the cold

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! New Jeep owner here. Just bought a 2018 Compass 3 weeks ago. I've wanted a jeep for years, so when my Hyundai Veloster was totaled 2 months ago by a red light runner, there was no question about what I was gonna get. The dealer I went thru found exactly what I asked for (even more).
I'm curious about getting some modifications, so I'll be looking thru here for ideas. I have an appointment tomorrow to see about vinyl wrapping the chrome accents.
Looking forward to the info I can find in this forum.
Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts