My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just like to say hi to everyone, just got my Compass last week and having a blast for the first time ever in winter.

Great vehicle for the money, and a great forum to come and get info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Webmaster said:
Welcome, where are you from?
Aurora Ontario, allready seen 3 Compassss around town since last Friday. We got plenty of snow this & last week with more to come on the weekend. It looks like I'll be doing lots of driving! :wink:

·
Registered
362 Posts
We got 10cm of snow yesterday. Needless to say I disabled ESP and put it in 4WD to go through snow drift after snow drift! What fun!!! I'm surprised at how this (car-based) Jeep went through some of the snow, I almost expected it to get hung up. But it is fresh soft snow and it just plowed right through it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I guess I should add the disclaimer that if you don't disable ESP (disabling it totally by holding the button down for 5 seconds) you might get stuck trying to do the same thing!

Personally in the snow & ice I prefer to disable ESP completely (don't just push the button, hold it down for 5 seconds until it says "ESPOFF" where the odometer is). That way you can power your way through a lot more.

And my other disclaimer would be that I don't have stock tires! I have Nokian WR which are supposed to be better than all-season tires in weather such as snow and ice!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Webmaster said:
I guess I should add the disclaimer that if you don't disable ESP (disabling it totally by holding the button down for 5 seconds) you might get stuck trying to do the same thing!

Personally in the snow & ice I prefer to disable ESP completely (don't just push the button, hold it down for 5 seconds until it says "ESPOFF" where the odometer is). That way you can power your way through a lot more.

And my other disclaimer would be that I don't have stock tires! I have Nokian WR which are supposed to be better than all-season tires in weather such as snow and ice!
Reaaaaaaaly? I love being able to do 'controlled' slides with my car, but the ESP won't let me. :) Now if I could turn it off, I would be having fun out there. :)

I must try this.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bender said:
Reaaaaaaaly? I love being able to do 'controlled' slides with my car, but the ESP won't let me. :) Now if I could turn it off, I would be having fun out there. :)

I must try this.
Yes, it's much more fun. ESP sucks when you have a "spirited" driving style like me. heh heh.

When you completely disable ESP and use the 4WD lock mode, you can actually fish-tail when turning corners!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome!

I have had my Compass for about 3 months and have already put 7500+ trouble free miles on it. All I can say is that I definitely made the right decision.

I hope you find your ride as much fun as I find mine! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts