My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am Clive from Belgium and I have just picked up our new Jeep Compass Limited. I have already used the forum for removing the head rests (Rear) and will become a regular I am certain.
Stay Safe
Clive (Kortrijk Belgium)

·
Super Moderator
1,625 Posts
Welcome!

I think the rear head rests are an impediment to visibility, but really they are head restraints to prevent whiplash in the event of a rear-end collision. I wouldn't risk removing mine. They're kinda like seat belts and airbags -- I hope we never need them but if we should, I'd be glad they're there. Indeed, please stay safe.

Again welcome! See ya around the threads.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
145 Posts
Welcome and agree with the both of you on the rear headrest. A hindrance and a safety feature.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I only removed the rear center headrest. I never have more than 2 passengers in the back seat on rare occasions and the center one is the only one that gives me rearview mirror visibility issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First of all, welcome Clive! And now that y’all mention it, they are in the way, I hadn’t noticed this. I’m currently sitting in the driver seat waiting curbside to get my food. Had to look back in my rear view and check what y’all are talking about lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only removed the rear center headrest. I never have more than 2 passengers in the back seat on rare occasions and the center one is the only one that gives me rearview mirror visibility issues.
I'm going to remove the center as well, it gets in the way for my wife when backing up. We have no kids, usually just the dog in the back. As a truck driver I use the side mirrors on any vehicle much more than the rear view so the headrests don't bother me. But yeah they do block some view...

·
Super Moderator
1,625 Posts
I'm going to remove the center as well, it gets in the way for my wife when backing up. We have no kids, usually just the dog in the back. As a truck driver I use the side mirrors on any vehicle much more than the rear view so the headrests don't bother me. But yeah they do block some view...
I driven a few trucks over the years. They only had side mirrors. The last truck had a back-up camera but I wouldn't trust it for navigation. I only used it to be sure no one had gotten behind me since I got in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I driven a few trucks over the years. They only had side mirrors. The last truck had a back-up camera but I wouldn't trust it for navigation. I only used it to be sure no one had gotten behind me since I got in.
I had a back up cam once in a straight truck, it was always getting dirt on it even up at the top of the box, wasn't much use really. I still see occasionally some idiot walking behind a backing up truck not paying any attention to the beeper or anything else but his phone...

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
145 Posts
Was it hard to remove the center and did you put some type of cover over the hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts