My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 compass sport and im looking to lift it and put bigger A/T tires on it.

16' wheels are what it came with.

Interested on RRO lift with BFG A/T's

Never owned a jeep. Never modified a car.

Total newbie at this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately, with how new of a vehicle this is, there's not many modifications out yet. And what is out, not many have tried. There are a few who have lifted it, and gone with slightly larger tires, but not many. Please let us know how it goes; I'd love to do the same eventually, along with adding a turbo kit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
971 Posts
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your Compass. I can't help much with the mods. I tend to keep mine stock. In fact, I wish mine was more bare-bones than it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what ive read certain lifts wont interfere with the warranty. Some compasses come lifted aparently. So there has to be a lift kit out there somewhere thats safe to use.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From what ive read certain lifts wont interfere with the warranty. Some compasses come lifted aparently. So there has to be a lift kit out there somewhere thats safe to use.
I think you're referring to the trail hawk's. They're, I believe, 1/2" taller than other trims. I wouldn't bother doing the work for a measly 1/2". There are 2" and 4" lifts out for our vehicles. Plus, since they're based on the same platforms, alot of the Renegade stuff will work on ours as well. As for warranty, I doubt it would hurt it. For one, they have to prove the issue was caused by the mod. If you have a professional (I'd even go so far as to suggest the dealership) do the install, then as long as nothing goes wrong, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just bought a 2018 compass sport and im looking to lift it and put bigger A/T tires on it.

16' wheels are what it came with.

Interested on RRO lift with BFG A/T's

Never owned a jeep. Never modified a car.

Total newbie at this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Looking at doing a lift kit as well sometime let me know what you use and where you buy it from. Also on how you install! Doing lights right now... going to take a bit... most likely won't get serious again till spring.

Doing mods are not hard, start easy and go for lights 1st do some blinkers or fog. then move to inside and maybe do some stuff there. Putting in K&N filter in is a mod even if it is lame and easy, just get used to working on cars then you will get more ambitious! I refreshed a whole 1992 Mazda mx3 all the way to ripping out the whole dash and putting it back in. it looked amazing when done but I learned a lot.......... just don't take crazy risks on your DD :)

good luck!

K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts