My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my 2012 jeep compass for about a month now, i came from a charger. anyhow i got HIDS for them h11 bulbs with the error code elimanators but the light STILL turns off on an d randomly. like one said will turn off, then back on and then maybe the other side will or wont do it... any ideas? this kinda gets me mad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:p even though on older cars HID's in a circle reflect housing would scatter light everywhere mine however shoot a line just like a projector you should know your a tech. i come for help to these forums, like most people do not to be told to toss out my HIDS. i just wanna know if i have to get something else to install like the harness that connects to the battery or something.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey some people think their opinions even though they are allowed to say them have to be heard by everyone. Some people should keep their comments to themselves.
Sorry I don't know the answer, maybe someone will write something important and informative.

·
Registered
339 Posts
:p even though on older cars HID's in a circle reflect housing would scatter light everywhere mine however shoot a line just like a projector you should know your a tech. i come for help to these forums, like most people do not to be told to toss out my HIDS. i just wanna know if i have to get something else to install like the harness that connects to the battery or something.
this topic has been beaten to death on this forum, but believe me when i say i "know my tech" when it comes to HID lights, and yours, my friend, do not emit a beam pattern anywhere near a projector.

for a good read, google "daniel stern lighting" to see what i mean. you can do as you wish, but throwing hids in your car won't give you the effect you desire. your visibility at a distance and your reaction time at night are both comprimised.

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
You do have projector lens' on your foglights, you could put HID's in there without too much problem with extra glare. granted fog lights work in the fog........just a suggestion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
it gets beatin to death on every forum. im not looking for more light i know the higher in kelvin i go the more light i lose. im trying to do some mods to my car, and my charger looked sick with them. since i cant do a Cold air intake cause of the computer being on the air box im doing other stuff and hids is one of them, i just wanna know how to make them stop turning off randomly by relay harness or something along those lines. my BOW's arnt stopping them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts