My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are these sounds you are hearing varying with the rpm? If it is, it could be the alternator bearings and/or clutch in the alternator. One thing to check out.
No it is the transmission, like the problems mentioned above. It has to do with speed and stops if you let of the gas with the clutch in.

its hard to diagnose without hearing the whine. but i will add (although im late getting in here) my wifes car had a whine that got louder and quieter with acceleration and deceleration at lower speeds and it was the ADP assembly in the alternator, replaced the whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Transmission Input Shaft Bearing Failed

Dug up this older thread as I recently also had the noisy manual transmission in 2016 Compass, which was quieted by pushing in clutch (75,000 miles.) Was diagnosed as failed input shaft bearing. Bad news is bits of metal were inside transmission, which was replaced under (extended) warranty. Regular warranty ran out at 60,000 miles and I would have been SOL.

This seems to be a common problem on Patriot forum as well.

I previously had a 2008 Compass with manual which went 194,000 miles with no powertrain issues. I drove both mostly highway miles.

Anybody else having this problem with manual transmission?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Compass Jeep 2017 High Pitch hummmm

My 2017 Jeep has a high pitch sound at 44 and stays in that sound until it gets to 60mph or until I manual shift down Anyone else having problem. Service dealership giving me the run around taken to 2 dealers Same old BS Software is Ok and Tech claiming he isnt hearing it. Its daily and so annoying. My husband hears it and thinks it Rear Differential Module RDM We are taking it yet a 4th time. We hear it Cant believe dealerships are blowing us off. Will never get a Compass jeep again. Never

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone else has come across this, my wifes 2008 jeep compass just recently started to make a high pitched whine, the sound goes up and down with acceleration and deceleration. i have put the transmission in neutral at a complete stop and reved the engine and the sound isnt there. the sound is only there when the jeep is under load(moving). any help would be greatly appreiate it.
I have had this same issue and found out it was due to a bad rear differential. $2000 to replace with a used one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wifes 2016 jeep compass latitude 2.4L with the 6f24 automatic transmission does the same thing like a whistle/whine I serviced the transmission drained and filled with new fluid because its was black as night that helped with the shifting the whine was still there so a couple days ago I was fed up with it so I had pulled it on a slight inclined hill where the front was higher up because the 6f24 transmission sits slightly crooked in the jeep compass... I let It warm up to 115 degrees and drained a a half qt then added 3/4 of a qt helped as well then noticed at the top of the tranny pan where the fill plug is it has a breather hose that has a vented cap on the end well the vented cap on the hose was clogged with dirt a debris so I took the cap off cleaned it well and replaced the hose it hooked to and now the whine is like gone but still gonna keep and eye on it.. hope this helps but sometimes it's a hit and miss with these jeep compasses

21 - 26 of 26 Posts