My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question, I had ordered the MOPAR hitch receiver in January from the dealer. Not having any reason to doubt the dealer, they keep saying that this part is on back order, and every time they check it is pushed back a week. Not sure what to do? Should I call mopar myself to check on the part?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Call them..........you got nothing to loose my friend !!!!

Another beautiful example of the lack of interest of a dealer(stealer)ship........sorry IRS........but that's my 2 cents !!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You could check with another dealer. Get their price and availability & ask them at least twice how long, sure it that long? Verify its the Morpar not someone elses since you want that. I have CURT on mine it they make nice hitches. Cancel the 1st order first and then order from the new dealer.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yeah probably putting junk on that get you in an accident and you'll pay for ti 100 fold.
Product quality and proper installation are key. Both are required if you loose you tow you can be sure there will be an investigation. who installed it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Attaching a trailer hitch is not rocket science. If you have the right tools and read the instructions. I have done it before you were born and towed many a boat with small cars like Datsun and such. There is nothing wrong with the one's offered by Amazon. They are all class 3 hitches.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Attaching a trailer hitch is not rocket science. If you have the right tools and read the instructions. I have done it before you were born and towed many a boat with small cars like Datsun and such. There is nothing wrong with the one's offered by Amazon. They are all class 3 hitches.
It not rocket science for sure but doing it right with the right tools and hardware. The doesn't mean it gets done right. Quality varies between make and it must have the OEM's load structural limit sticker on it. Otherwise its a china clone.

Before I was eh, well maybe you're one of the few WWII vet kickiing up a fuss then. LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a question, I had ordered the MOPAR hitch receiver in January from the dealer. Not having any reason to doubt the dealer, they keep saying that this part is on back order, and every time they check it is pushed back a week. Not sure what to do? Should I call mopar myself to check on the part?
Did you order it from Orangeville Chrylser?? I'm still waiting for parts I ordered from them in 2008!! Of course I got the same parts from the another dealership about a week later. They actually had them in stock!!
Your hitch is very easy to install. 4 bolts, all the holes predrilled, took me about 10 minutes to put mine on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a question : the Compass has multiplexing ?
I search a hitch to install a bike rack but in France, we have to install stop/reverse/indicator lights and a car's plate copy on the bike rack. So, I have to feed the rears lights signals to the bike rack and I wonder if I can connect the lights directly on the car's lights or if I have to install a module for MUX cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts