My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching the internet and haven't had much luck finding a real solution...

Looking for a way to safely remove hard water spots on the trailhawk hood decal.
I have read forums saying to use compound, while others say that will destroy the vinyl or leave marks. Some say to use vinegar, some say to use a hard water spot remover. A million ways to skin a cat clean a hood decal... or not.

My goal is to seal the paint, trim, and decal in the coming weeks but I am not wanting to use the orbital on the vinyl.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've never had a car with a decal before, and I've been considering my options on how to keep the hood looking nice. I hate that its not paint. I'm thinking of having paint put down in place of a decal when the time comes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recommend ADAMS VRT. Our Trailhawk was prepped for delivery by a professional wash & detail company. Even though it was super clean you could see that the hood decal had some faint, embedded streaks. Being the decal is a vinyl product, the VRT dressing I had onhand was an obvious, familiar choice for me to use. Our decal looks like new now; not shiny but a restored, clean black satin finish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recommend ADAMS VRT. Our Trailhawk was prepped for delivery by a professional wash & detail company. Even though it was super clean you could see that the hood decal had some faint, embedded streaks. Being the decal is a vinyl product, the VRT dressing I had onhand was an obvious, familiar choice for me to use. Our decal looks like new now; not shiny but a restored, clean black satin finish.

I might check it out as an extra dressing down the road... I ended up using some meguires water spot remover and that got the deposits off. My Compass - trim and hood decal included - now has a ceramic coat so hopefully that will reduce the likelihood of additional water spots accumulating on the hood decal and roof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts