My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Compass 2019 Latitude
Auto Start/stop system failing due to hood open error, there is an easy to see plastic switch in the top of the grill that i replace due to obvious damage, but the error still show up
that's why i think there is another switch that i can't find. The plastic switch that i replace activates a red error sign (a car with hood open), the switch that i can't find activates a text error message in the screen of auto start/stop system

obviously i prefer the auto start/stop working fine

Is there a second switch or is something else? Can someone help on this?

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I looked all over my hood and engine area and don't see a second switch on my 2019 Compass Sport. There are other reasons that the Stop/Start turns itself off...some posters have had problems with the small battery for this system. What does the text error message say exactly?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another idea...check that your 2 battery monitoring connectors are plugged in securely (red circles in picture).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
When you replaced the switch did you also replace the striker plate?

There is a TSB related to the start/stop system and the striker plate, you can see the new style striker plate in this thread: TSB 08-160-18 ESS Error (the new style is on the left in the picture).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting....perhaps holding down the switch with the hood open and seeing if the message goes away would confirm this is the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your suggestions, finally i found that second switch, is part of the hood latch, is a mechanical micro-switch (that in my opinion look pretty weak for the job).
manually pushing both switches was confirmed this is the reason for the auto start/stop failing. i can't found the switch by itself and ordered the hole latch which is no expensive ($34 dlls),
i will keep you posted

thanks

eBay item number:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for following up with your post and letting us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts