My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2007 Jeep Compass with 124,000 miles on it. When test driving it at the dealership everything worked well and it drove like a new car.

A few weeks later this car began to randomly beep starting at around 2am in the morning. I thought it was the neighbors car since they have lot's of little kids that could easily grab a key chain and start pushing buttons. To my surprise it was my daughters car. I pulled it into our driveway and disconnected the battery.

The jeep dealership asked that I get it inspected at the 3rd party car starter which I did. They confirmed it was not connected to the car starter. I then took it to a car mechanic close by who inspected it but by the time he re-connected the battery it wouldn't beep any more. He checked the wiring and the clock spring and some other part. He thinks it might be the TIPM but that's about a $1200.00 guess.

I drove it home and hasn't beeped for weeks... until today. I am tempted to buy a rebuilt TPM and try that.

Any advice?

·
Registered
176 Posts
check clock spring again and also check steering wheel airbag springs. They keep the weight of the steering wheel airbag from causing it to set off the horn. With age that may be your culprit...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts