My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this Covid-19 going around a lot of us are temporarily out of work. How are you keeping yourself occupied? Projects around the house? Polishing your Compass? Playing Parcheesi with the kids? A book you've wanted to read?

Wife and I have a stack of jigsaw puzzles. I heard a rumor the church is doing a puzzle exchange -- drop off the one you've already done and pick up another that looks interesting. I'll have to check that out.

So how will you be spending your time?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am lucky (?) enough that my line of work (software development) I can do from my home office, so our entire company of about 100 people are just working out of our homes instead of the abandoned-furniture-store-turned-cubicle-farm-petri-dish that we normally work out of.

I don't mind, in some ways its slightly better. I don't have to share a bathroom with people who don't respect the fact that other people have to use the same bathroom, I don't have to continuously find the coffee maker out of coffee (we all drink it but a handful of us feel like we are the only ones to ever start another batch...) People can't pester me quite as easily, they can still contact me directly via the company soft phone and instant messenger but no longer distracted by people have loud conversations in my vicinity.

I'm eager for most of life to return to normal but going back to the office when this blows over will be just OK. Glad they sent people home for now, colds and flu spread like wildfire in our "open" environment and even though we all have laptops and are more than welcome to work from home when ill seems like nobody stays home when they are coughing up a storm. Probably the same people who don't flush, and then step out of the bathroom to touch the handle on the coffee machine to take the last cup right before I head over there.

I might be extra bitter just because its 8 PM and I am still working now and will be working for at least two more hours here. Started at 7 AM. We are pretty busy at work even before the coronavirus stuff so it is what it is, glad to have the job still. My wife is a bartender so she has two weeks of free time at home. Grass looks green on that side but hard to say if I would actually use the time productively if I had it. I wouldn't mind a chance to play just one video game for 30 minutes though..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts