My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just leased the new Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited 2.4L, i was wondering how i can get the best fuel out of my mileage. I know the car is suppose to get up to 27hwy but i've had it for the past 3 days and it hasnt gone past 22.5 even on the freeway. I live in California so gas is pretty pricey and I just want to know how I can get the best out of it. I dont quiet understand the whole D changes on it. So if someone can kindly tell me how to use all that, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
wow i dont understand that too... what speed do you travel at when on the highway? and that is with 100% highway driving? I have a 4x4 version and granted i applied "techniques" to get my MPGs to 25-27 with 50% highway/50% city travel. ... actually how are you calculating your gas mileage? I hope you arent listening to what the computer tells you on the dashboard. This is how you properly calculate your mileage.
Step 1:Fill up you gas tank
Step 2: Reset your trip to ZERO.
Step 3: Drive your car until its time to get gas again.
Step 4: Goto the gas station and fill up the tank, make a note of how many gallons you just put into it.
Step 5: Divide the miles travel from the trip computer by the amount of gallons of gas that you just put into the car.

This will give you actual MPGs of your car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the compass is still new the engine may still be breaking in. I know a brand new vehicle does`nt get the rated gas mileage untill after the 1st oil change or so.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If the compass is still new the engine may still be breaking in. I know a brand new vehicle does`nt get the rated gas mileage untill after the 1st oil change or so.
Good to know!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That was my first thought, too, give it a little time and some more miles, it should improve. Not sure how much you can get away with on a leased vehicle, but a good intake and exhaust will help it breathe better thus perform better. If you go that route, be sure to keep all your stock parts so you can return it to stock when the lease is up if you don't decide to keep it.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree I would`nt go wild but I would do the intake and exhaust for sure. Maybe switch all your fluids to synthetics as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts