My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my Compass Limited i was told i had a tyre pressure monitoring system but can not seem to find it in the on board computer.

Do you think i got tricked? Or is it hidden?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You weren't tricked. If you have the EVIC (electronic vehicle information center) it will show the pressure from all four tires. You know if you have the evic if the screen under the speedometer has a small knob on it and it lights up with info. If you don't have that system it will only notify you if your tires drop below a preset pressure,about 26psi if I'm not mistaken. The car will not tell you which tire is low it will indicate it with a symbol like this, (!) that is displayed above the odometer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Speaking of tire pressures. Please do not neglect the spare tire as this tire will lose about half its pressure within a year even when not used. If you use this underinflated tire you will notice a lot of instability and also pulling to one side. Very disconcerting. Inflate your spare to 60 psi or whatever the recommended value is and check it at least twice (or more) a year.

·
Registered
278 Posts
lol jeepney_driver you did it again this one is from 2009! hahahahah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.