My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Compass owner here. Not a new Compass though.

I have a 2011 Compass. I got one remote key and one non-remote key.

Is that what they come from the factory with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
All the jeeps I bought so far (2009 Compass, 2010 Patriot and the current 2012 Compass) came from the dealership with a set of 2 identical 4 buttons remote keys. I think it should be standard.

·
Registered
339 Posts
All the jeeps I bought so far (2009 Compass, 2010 Patriot and the current 2012 Compass) came from the dealership with a set of 2 identical 4 buttons remote keys. I think it should be standard.
yes, but he bought his used.

OP, as i said on Jeepforums, pre-owned cars are not always traded with two keys. the dealer will give you what they were given when it was traded. sometimes that means two keys and an owners manual, sometimes it does not.

·
Registered
430 Posts
New Compass owner here. Not a new Compass though.

I have a 2011 Compass. I got one remote key and one non-remote key.

Is that what they come from the factory with?

Thanks!
Two "remote" (if what I think is remote is the same thing you are thing of) keys (if the vehicle is so equipped) from the factory. Does the "non-remote" key you were given start the engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two "remote" (if what I think is remote is the same thing you are thing of) keys (if the vehicle is so equipped) from the factory. Does the "non-remote" key you were given start the engine?
Yes, it's the plain gray round topped key with no buttons to open the doors.

I thought it was supposed to have two keys with remotes to open the doors. Now I have to buy one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts