My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited for 18 months, have 18,000 miles on it and the dealer recommended complete fuel system cleaning, a $282 charge. No issues with the car except auto off when stopped at light hasn't worked for the last year or so. I just went in for an oil change and tire rotation. How often should the fuel system be cleaned, I use Costco gas which has additives to keep the engine fuel system clean..

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
292 Posts
If you are not having problems, not really a need IMO. As long as you use the right gas and I put in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner at the time the oil is changed. Had an old mechanic tell me that years back.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
82 Posts
Check your manual for factory reccommended services and intervals, anything more than what is specified in the manual is just a cash grab by the dealer. Also the vehicle will tell you when the oil changes are due.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Over a 100,000 miles on my Trailhawk and have not had to have a dealer do anything with the fuel system. If you feel you must buy a name brand fuel system cleaner and add it to your gas yourself.
Dealers love to up sell their services.

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
14 Posts
imo i agree with the other poster - if there is no need i feel you dont need it right now. check your manual also is always a good thing to reference. it just sounds like they are trying to dime you for a few more bucks honestly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts