My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I am new in this forum but I realy need to replace the Xenon D5S that comes in my jeep compass 2019 for a new ones 35w more like 6000K much more white than the originals philips D5S 25w
The thing is that I cant find the way to get to the lamp by the hood. I remove the wheel plastic cover and finaly reach the lamp.
But I had another problem, as the hole of where the lamp is to small I dont have enough place to turn the lamp in order to take it out of the housing.
Is there anyone that knows how to do this in an easy way ? Because the other way I found is to remove the front bumper to get the light housing then take the light housing so It can be done.

many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but on my user manual only says to take the jeep compass to the dealer to change the xenon lamp.
Is your user manual from US or EU ? Mine is from LATAM May be I can download it from any website in order to have a better step by step to doi it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My factory manual is for the US.
HEADLAMP
REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), disconnect the IBS connector first before disconnecting the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the front fascia. (Refer to 13 - Frame and Bumpers/Bumpers/FASCIA, Front/Removal and Installation)

3. Remove the front lamp close out panel by removing the six fasteners (1), and remove the close out panel (2).

4. Remove the three upper mounting screws (1).

5. Remove the lower mounting screw (2) securing the lamp (2) to the fender.

6. Disconnect the lamp unit wiring harness connector (2).

7. Release the wire harness (1) from the lamp unit, if equipped.
  8. Remove the front lamp unit (1).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts