My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can try to run the proxy align again, making sure it writes to the abs module. You may need to log into the abs module first, and clear any existing faults, then try the alignment again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i cleared all the codes and even disabled nav presence and disabled gps module presence and its back to normal, but when i try to re enable and proxi align again eveything works except for the abs module "The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea i cleared all the codes and even disabled nav presence and disabled gps module presence and its back to normal, but when i try to re enable and proxi align again eveything works except for the abs module "The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range
Are you upgrading from a 7" or 5" and do you have a satellite antenna? When talking with the AlfaOBD dev, he was saying that error code is usually b/c of a mismatch between the hardware and your BCM config. He suggested tinkering around with the settings to try and get things to align and that's when I tried the stuff in my above post. If your old stereo works and you get no errors when you proxy align, then my guess is it's the same sort of thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
update: i cleared all codes i found in bcm and abs and still had issue with proxi alignment failing at ABS, so i went to mopar dealer to get a proxi alignment from them and no more flashing odometer. however no NAV is displayed on the system just the regular radio functions :( please help

·
Registered
24 Posts
update: i cleared all codes i found in bcm and abs and still had issue with proxi alignment failing at ABS, so i went to mopar dealer to get a proxi alignment from them and no more flashing odometer. however no NAV is displayed on the system just the regular radio functions :( please help
This might be a dumb question (sorry), but you do have the curry colored cable to connect to the back of the stereo right? That's the GPS/XM antenna. I did not have it so had to buy a GPS antenna.

I can send you my BCM config so you can compare to your settings to see if there's something you need to change/enable.

Also, if you bought the stereo from Infotainment, I would reach out to them as well if you haven't already.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey that would be awesome can you send me your details, and yea i definitely have the right connector. i really wish i find a way to fit this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was also wondering this, now on the uconnect website it offers to purchase at a cost for a activation code to enable the nav icon so it becomes usable, now technically is the alfaobd nav presence the same thing? just at no cost? or am i wrong?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i was also wondering this, now on the uconnect website it offers to purchase at a cost for a activation code to enable the nav icon so it becomes usable, now technically is the alfaobd nav presence the same thing? just at no cost? or am i wrong?
The unlocking of the NAV was for older year models. The only possibility might be if you have the UAS 8.4 (non-nav) and change the sales code via alfaobd to be the UAQ, enable NAV and GPS. Could also require cross-flashing the latest UAQ files to add the maps. All purely speculation, I've never tried it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would like to share some information when playing with the options

vehicle: jeep compass 2018
installed hardware: uaq 2019 8.4 nav

alfaobd full version

enabled car config:
nav presence = abs failed to write

gps module presence = successful

·
Registered
16 Posts
some info i found apparently my instrumental panel clusters is vin locked. so when nav presence is enabled it does not not allow me to complete the write ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work, but in the radio module in AlfaOBD, there's an active diagnostic that allows you to write your vin to the radio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
okay guys i was able to finally write the nav and gps presence and performed a proxi alignment successfully, i just tried it on a different android device and it worked, also i would like to add that if you want to keep up to date with the radio software and happen Not to have the original donor vin associated with the radio, i found a solution.
what i did was following:
1: go to apps and look for GO (activate services)
2: go to option enter email and enter a valid email
3: you should receive a activation link
4: once you click the link at the very top, you will then see the year model and make and VIN

ive only tested this on a jeep compass 2018 with a 2019 uaq 8.4 nav

hope this helps someone

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Found this on the Wrangler forums I think it could prove helpful for people salvaging from junkyards.

The security code is a 4 digit number generated by the radio company. Once the radio is installed into the original vehicle, that number is assigned to the VIN #. Each time that the ignition is powered up, the PCM sends the VIN to the cluster which then sends it to the radio. If the VIN matches the VIN that is stored in the radio's memory then the radio will turn on. If not then the radio will not power up.
When a person buys a radio without the code, they will take the radio, vehicle, and receipt for the radio to the dealer where the service or parts department can retrieve the code. At this time they will delete the original VIN and apply the new VIN to the system. This way if in the future you lose the code, they will see that you're VIN is the one that belongs to the radio.
Instructions for retrieving the code:

Steps to getting the radio security code

This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
SUBJECT:
Radio Anti-Theft Codes
MODELS:
2012 (JK) Jeep Wrangler
2012 (JC) Journey
2012 (LD) Charger
2012 (LX) 300
2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger
2012 (KK) Jeep Liberty
2012 (LX) Chrysler 300
2012 (JS) Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger
2012 (MK) Jeep Compass/Patriot
2012 (PM) Caliber
2012 (WK) Jeep Cherokee
2012 (WD) Dodge Durango
2012 (DS) Ram 1500 PICKUP
2012 (DJ) Ram 2500 PICKUP
2012 (DD) Ram 3500 CAB CHASSIS
2012 (D2) Ram 3500 PICKUP
2012 (DP) 4500/5500 CAB CHASSIS
2012 (DD) (MEXICO) REG CAB CHASSIS
DISCUSSION:
Starting in 2012 model year radios will come equipped with an anti-theft feature. Once a
radio is installed in a vehicle, it learns the vehicle’s VIN and cannot be used in another
vehicle unless an anti-theft code is applied.
NUMBER:
08-051-11
GROUP:
Electrical
DATE:
August 20, 2011

PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN ANTI-THEFT CODE:
1. Call 1-800-448-0944
2. Request anti-theft code.
3. State dealer code.
4. State radio serial number.
5. State VIN
6. The 4-digit anti-theft code will be provided.
NOTE: Radio anti-theft code call center support is available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
RADIO ANTI-THEFT CODE PROCEDURE
1. Ignition in the run position.
2. Press the ON/VOL control.
3. The word
CODE
or
Please enter Anti-Theft Code
will appear on the display.
4. Enter the 4-digit code by pressing the corresponding preset buttons in sequence.
NOTE: If three successive attempts are made to enter an invalid anti-theft code the
radio will enter a ‘WAIT’ state. While in this state the radio display will read
‘WAIT’. To exit the ‘WAIT’ state the radio must remain powered with the
ignition in the run position for a continuous 30 minutes (the vehicle may be
driven during this time). After exiting the ‘WAIT’ state the radio will again
display ‘CODE’ and a valid anti-theft code may be entered.
Policy:
Information only.
08-051-11 -2-

·
Registered
244 Posts
@babaganoush @n4cr2k

Finally got things to settle down. Took a while to proxy then got that but the sound system was unavailable and had ecu mismatch error codes. I think that had to change it back to mono controls to make that error go away and have the sound system unavailable not showing up anymore at start up.

Only problem is.. I have no sound! I have a couple of ideas but do you guys offer any help.

Also any idea on how I can get dual zone control with my new HVAC controls?

Thanks,

K

21 - 40 of 52 Posts