My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just checking in to say Hi to everyone, I'm 57 yrs old, but I'm still just a kid,I was looking for a new Rubi to tow behind my motorhome, when the wife saw this Inferno Red Compass Rallye w/5sp manual. Well I'll tell ya what, this car took me by surprise with the ride, handling, comfort, etc. Its a bit wider than my Jetta, which is great as I have gained a little weight (not much, mind you) :D . Anyway, the power is good, what's cool is you can really crawl on with the high revs this'll do..once you break it in right, it has impressive passing power for the HP it has, I have read that some get ok MPG, but mine is abnormal I guess, as at 77mph, I'm in the low 30's, using 87, 88, hand calculated at 6700 ft here in good 'ol Wyoming. Does anybody make any CAI's, chips, etc. for these yet? What are some better tires I can throw on it,as these are a bit noisy to me.
Thanks!!

Well that's typical of me, ask first then search! I found the aftermarket section, so I'll check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!
The Sirius with the Boston speakers is a whole lot better than the Sirius with the Infinity thats in my truck, 'course the amp and sub helps alot. At first, I thought the tailgate speakers were removable, but as far as I can see, they don't. Oh BTW, mine is the Sport Rallye.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome.
Finally a new member WITH a Compass.
I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
Both the wife and I really like this car, I traded my 09 Jetta 2.5 5sp. for it..while I enjoyed the Jetta, and it's difficult to compare two different cars, the Compass does have a smoother ride, and better mpg, plus the advantage of 4x4, which always wins out over front wheel drive where we live.
And it has it's own style, pulling in for gas, many people say "that's a Jeep?""I didn't know Jeep made something like that, it's so different looking from all the other cars like this"..."and it's 4x4 too?"

·
Registered
656 Posts
Smooth shifter

Glad you both are happy.
I notice you also chose the manual gear box.
Good choice!
Myself, when I chose the Compass, was concerned as my previous experiences with American manual gear boxes and clutches have never been as satisfiing as with German shifters.
I MUST SAY . . . THE COMPASS 5 Speed is WONDERFUL.
Smooth & quite shifting, a pleasure.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did not care for the tires that came with my Compass. They were LOUD with poor handling and awful ride. I switched to Yokohama Avids they have made so much difference; the Compass is a totally different beast with good rubber between it and the ground. By the way the factory shoes lasted only about 24,000 miles. I don't drive fast but I don't slow down for curves either.

CB not sure I ever welcomed you. Glad you are here. We need photos of your Compass under some of that big sky of Wyoming.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again all !!
I've got some pics of it at the house, and on vacation, I'll get them posted.
Nice Rallye, eze07projectmayhem!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just checking in to say Hi to everyone, I'm 57 yrs old, but I'm still just a kid,I was looking for a new Rubi to tow behind my motorhome, when the wife saw this Inferno Red Compass Rallye w/5sp manual. Well I'll tell ya what, this car took me by surprise with the ride, handling, comfort, etc. Its a bit wider than my Jetta, which is great as I have gained a little weight (not much, mind you) :D . Anyway, the power is good, what's cool is you can really crawl on with the high revs this'll do..once you break it in right, it has impressive passing power for the HP it has, I have read that some get ok MPG, but mine is abnormal I guess, as at 77mph, I'm in the low 30's, using 87, 88, hand calculated at 6700 ft here in good 'ol Wyoming. Does anybody make any CAI's, chips, etc. for these yet? What are some better tires I can throw on it,as these are a bit noisy to me.
Thanks!!

Well that's typical of me, ask first then search! I found the aftermarket section, so I'll check it out.
Where at in Wyoming? I was born and raised in Cody!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Javalitis!
I'm in Lyman, but born in Rock Springs, raised in San Bernardino, Ca.
I went from the largest county in the U.S. to the smallest one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts