My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

This was my first new vehicle purchase ... I have to say I'm stoked!

Before this I had a project-'92 Ford Exploder 4x4, and my partner had a '92 Subaru Loyale 4x4

We wanted an import, but where we're living there aren't any import dealers, and we've already been glad we have one close by.

We live about 100km outside of Yellowknife .. the highway is better than it was, but still plenty brutal, enough that Porsche used it for a Cayenne test this winter. My partner commutes about 30km a day, and we head to YK and back almost every weekend.

Fuel consumption was one of our biggest criteria, as was locking 4x4 (which has proved itself a few times already on our unplowed roads. Space is a little tight, but we've just got our top-box installed, and with only 2 of us I think this little baby is about perfect for us.

I find myself occasionally wishing I'd waited for the Patriot, if only for the Freedom Drive II off road package, but I think the Compass is meeting all our real needs.

Anyway, that was a long intro ... I'm looking forward to hanging out here!

Check ya l8rs!

·
Registered
31 Posts
congrats on the new car and welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah, congrats, and welcome, also. This is a great site, good place to meet others. Hope you enjoy your new ride, and good luck. My partner and I are extremely satisfied, also. It was my Christmas present!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts