My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened to my 2010 Latitude. :(
The lower ball joints finally went out at 41,000mi. I originally got a set from Auto Zone but the lady at the counter gave me the wrong ones so I had my mechanic get a set from the NAPA store instead. They were more expensive but I think it will payoff in the long run. I'm not sure if they are MOOG or just NAPA brand, I've heard that some NAPA stores sell MOOG tho. On the plus side...these ones are greaseable joints. Yay!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I didn't really notice any symptoms... maybe heavy steering wheel, I found out when i went to get it inspected. I never heard any "clucking" or "squeezing". But I am happy that the new ones are greaseable tho!

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you replaced just the ball joints then get ready to take them out and re install them in your new control arms when they go bad (the bushing in the control arms do not last and im not sure you can find them as a seperate part like the BJ's)

dont mean to bum you out but you WILL be replacing control arms/and or control arm bushings, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, and front shocks too (my wifes front driver shock was bad at 100K and now the passenger at 1 year later)

you will have to deal with a bad ADP clutch in the alternator somewhere around 90K miles.

just now i ordered the driver wheel bearing for my wifes car and apparently that is fairly common too.

can you tell I'm bitter with jeep about this POS??? sry to rant

sounds like you know what you are doing though so at least if you can do the work yourself you will save thousands of $. we are all in this together:sadwavey:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts