My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my "new" 07 Compass for about a week and a half; my wife was buying a new subcompact car and I saw the Compass with 1200 miles on it sitting in the trade-in section of the dealership. It's the color I wanted (Jeep green) and virtually new; it's not exactly the car I wanted (I wanted a Wrangler with manual trans) but it's much more practical than what I wanted :) Plus it was just a shade over $16k. I took it on a 300mi pleasure drive last Saturday; it was amazingly comfortable compared to the tiny cars I've been driving to date :)

Anyway: Is there any simple way of working out the exact trim level of this vehicle without the factory window sticker? It's a 2WD model with the single-disc CD player, RKE, cruise control, auto trans, A/C. On the interior it has those glue-on woodgrain trim pieces over most of the dash surfaces. It does not have the EVIC, nor the cargo net. It does have the removable cargo area flashlight.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Check out the build it section of the Jeep website.

you only can get the sport or limited down there and yours definitely sounds like a sport, presuming you don't have leather / 18 inch wheels.

I've never seen one with wood trim applique, so that leads me to believe that was just an add on after the fact.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I know it is a nice change when I get a cruise in ours from my 3/4 ton diesel. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird. The surface behind the wood trim looks quite odd, almost like a honeycomb. It does not look like the plain silver surface I've seen in the press release photos. This led me to believe the woodgrain was a factory option. In fact, I tried the build-it-yourself link on jeep.com but it was the woodgrain trim that stumped me!

The other thing my car has is pinstriping, which I loathe (but can't avoid - most cars sold in my neighborhood have it added).

My "real" car is a 1965 4x4 Scout pickup <http://www.larwe.com/scout/> :) Only a 152 in that truck, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts