My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Lattitude
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I took delivery of my new Compass yesterday. I am enjoying it, but I do have two questions.
  • When my vehicle is at Idle, the RPM needle is just a bit lower then 1000, I would say ~900 - 950. Is it normal or should get it checked by the dealer.
  • when I apply break to come to a stop on a light when the vehicle was driving above ~45 MPH, I feel a bit of shaking/blocking effect just before it comes to a stop. Could it be the ABS or some thing to do with the transmission. I do not see this shaking if I come to stop gradually.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The idle RPM can vary a lot, it depends on cold start vs warm start, ambient temperature, etc. On a cold morning it could be 1500+ and when fully warmed up in the summer it can dip way, way down to 800 or maybe even a little less. It is nothing of concern unless the car is actually stalling out.

Not sure on your braking question, can't quite picture what you are describing, but if it concerns you no reason you can't ask the dealership service department to take a look at it, have them ride along and see what you mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The idle RPM can vary a lot, it depends on cold start vs warm start, ambient temperature, etc. On a cold morning it could be 1500+ and when fully warmed up in the summer it can dip way, way down to 800 or maybe even a little less. It is nothing of concern unless the car is actually stalling out.

Not sure on your braking question, can't quite picture what you are describing, but if it concerns you no reason you can't ask the dealership service department to take a look at it, have them ride along and see what you mean.
Thanks for the response and suggestion. I am going into the service center tomorrow and get it checked..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a quick update.
Test drove another Compass at the dealership, Idle speed RPM was the same as in my Compass.
The service engineer said the same as Jasmine's comment, w.r.t to breaking. Asked me to wait till 1000 miles and it should be good by them.

-Thanks you all for your inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.