My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I missed it in forums but I'm looking for some help on the in-laws 2007 compass. Not sure at the moment if it's 2.4L or 2.0L but I do know its 2WD (maybe all are?).
Having misfiring issues. Popped off ignition coil cover and a mouse made a nest at some point. Many wires chewed bare coming from coil plugs to wherever they get their power from.
Having a hard time finding a replacement wire kit for all 4 coils. Can somebody direct me to a store/website and have part name/number possibly?
Also, would you recommend replacing the coils as well as plugs all at the same time? Could the coils be getting damaged by the bare wires and misfiring due to an inconsistent short in electrical wiring?

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That compass must have been sitting for a long time unused. A hot engine would have sent them mice scrambling. If you're rural or farm or grassy lot they're about looking for a home for the winter. I am constantly checking to see if them "Squatters" are holed up in any of my motor toys. Keeping them out of critical areas like harness assemblies or wire cluster is key. Dryer sheets in those location will keep them away.

I had them reek havoc in a handle bar wire cluster on my snowmobile years ago. They do like chewing wires for certain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for your help. Really not wanting to rewire the entire harness...I will have to see how badly they are destroyed and hopefully be able to patch them up for now. Going there this weekend to see what we can do.
Checked out rockauto but didn't see the harness there.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just letting anyone interested that might be in a similar situation know that the sister-inlaw apparently found individual wire setups from a dealer for around $20 each. Not sure which dealer tho and I haven't seen them yet to verify compatibility

1 - 6 of 6 Posts