My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2011 Jeep Compass! I love it so far!

I got the limited 70th anniversary edition. Silver in color. It came with everything but the remote start. Guess I'll have to get that soon. I just ordered Husky Liner floor mats, including the rear cargo from autoanything.com.

Im going tomorrow to get the windows tinted and hopefully purchase a hitch. If not, I'll order one. Definitely not going to order one from the stealership!! 100.00 bucks more there.

Anyone purchased the OEM splash guards for the 2011 yet? Any drilling into the body?

Anyone from Arkansas on here? Yall have a great day! Happy wheelin'!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just purchased a 2011 Jeep Compass! I love it so far!

I got the limited 70th anniversary edition. Silver in color. It came with everything but the remote start. Guess I'll have to get that soon. I just ordered Husky Liner floor mats, including the rear cargo from autoanything.com.

Im going tomorrow to get the windows tinted and hopefully purchase a hitch. If not, I'll order one. Definitely not going to order one from the stealership!! 100.00 bucks more there.

Anyone purchased the OEM splash guards for the 2011 yet? Any drilling into the body?

Anyone from Arkansas on here? Yall have a great day! Happy wheelin'!
congrats on the purchase! yes you have to drill in the body to install them.
here's the directions for the fronts
Front Splash guard install pdf

install directions for the rears
Rear Splash guard install pdf
and no im not from Arkansas :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us and congrats on your Compass! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see it! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
171 Posts
Get the hitch at the dealership. Otherwise kiss you warranty good bye. Plus hitches installed else where look stupid and are unsafe. Not a factory fit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome my friend. Check out my postings. You might find the info useful to make your jeep last. I have a 2007 model and now with 128000 miles. Last major problem I had was the alternator pulley. It seems they go bad at around 100k. I have been keeping track of my maintenance/repair expenses and so far I have spent 1200 dollars since I bought the car new back in late 2006.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Get the hitch at the dealership. Otherwise kiss you warranty good bye. Plus hitches installed else where look stupid and are unsafe. Not a factory fit.
one disadvantage of the dealers hitches is that they are only a 1 1/4" hitch, not a 2". that said, i have the factory hitch on mine. they're pretty inexpensive, i think mine was $180. you do have to drill out part of the bumper, but that's what i wanted. it sits up higher and has a better fit and finish.

oh, and careful throwing the "stealership" name around. some of us hide here ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts